Laser Hair Removal
Easy, Painless - Laser Hair Removal
If you’re not happy with shaving, tweezing, threading or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering.
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorb the light. That destroys the hair.
How Does It Work
We use Gentle Laser Hair Removal Products from Candela. It Target the hair follicle with laser energy, destroying it at its root while preserving the surrounding skin:
- Smoother skin, free of unwanted hair
Laser energy is delivered through a small handpiece operated by your practitioner. The laser delivers an intense beam of light, which is absorbed by the hair follicle while the surrounding tissue remains unaffected. Your skin may be red immediately following the procedure. This typically lasts from a few minutes to several hours after the procedure.
Gentle Hair Removal Treatments use a patented Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD), which prepares the skin for treatment by spraying the upper layer with a cooling burst of cryogen just milliseconds before the laser pulse. DCD helps ensure that Gentle Hair Removal Treatments area as Comfortable as they are Effective.
Yes, this treatment is useful for all kind of skins and this can be useful for any age men and women.
Like other laser treatment is the only one simple precaution that one need to avoid direct sun exposure only.
Laser Hair Removal : Care Instructions
- You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment.
- Do not use Depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
- If have had a history of cold sores, zovirax may be used prior to treatment and continued one week after treatment.
- TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED! If treated, you may get hypopigmentation (white spots) and this may not clear for 2-3 months or more. Also, the use of tanning cream must be discontinued two week before treatment.
- Please shave the area the day before or morning before the treatments
- The skin is cleaned
- When treating the upper lip, the teeth may be protected with gauze. The gauze also serves to support the lip during treatment, allowing a surface to push against.
- Skin colour can compete as a target for the laser wavelength with melanin in the hair. The cooling tip will be used with the laser to minimize skin damage.
- Safety considerations are important during the laser procedure. Protective eye-wear will be worn by the client and the operator during the procedure.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn
- The application of iced water during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort.
- The application of aloe vera gel can continue at home
- Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is epidermal blistering.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation. Use sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment methods (waxing, electrolysis or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle at the treatment area for 4-6 weeks after treatment. Shaving or depilatories may be used.
- Hair regrowth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for AT LEAST three weeks after treatment.
- Anywhere from 5-19 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge.
- After the underarms are treated, use a powder, instead of deodorant, for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.
- Avoid hot baths and heat treatments and treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
- ANY QUESTIONS OR WORRIES YOU MAY HAVE PLEASE CALL THE CLINIC